VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies
Study Beauty Therapy at the LBTA and launch your
About the course:
If you are looking to embark on a career as a beauty therapist, our combined Beauty Therapy course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, practical skills and the industry-required qualification to allow you to work in a salon, spa or for yourself.
The primary outcome of the course is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge in order to provide Beauty Therapy treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the spa and beauty industry. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of a beauty therapist.
What the qualification covers:
The VTCT Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as a beauty therapist.
This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including units on the following: facial skincare, waxing, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, manicure, pedicure, client care and health and safety.
The course can be studied 1 day a week for 40 weeks, or 2 days a week for 20 weeks.
We have start dates available throughout the year. As the courses are modular, you are able to join the course when the next module begins after completing induction days.
You do not need any previous beauty experience. On application, you will be required to complete Maths and English assessments, achieving a minimum of an Entry Level 3.
You can study the Nail Technology course in our Chiswick (West London) or Borehamwood (Hertfordshire) academies.
- Provide facial skincare
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Working in beauty related industries
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body massage
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Apply make-up
- Salon reception duties
- Provide massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Apply micro dermabrasion
- Apply stone therapy massage
- Provide Indian head massage
- Facial skincare – to include performance of a full facial, including lash and eyebrow treatments
- Make-up application – to include the understanding of face shapes and full make-up application
- Manicure – to include care of the nails, hand massage and application of polish
- Pedicure – to include care of the nails, foot massage and application of polish
- Removal of hair – using hot and cool waxing techniques
- Salon reception duties
- Consultation techniques – to include treatment plan and contraindications and contra-actions, identifying general body types, different types of body fat and common postural faults, carrying out skin analysis and identifying skin types and conditions.
- Massage techniques – to include the classical massage movements, use of different massage mediums, mechanical massage and pre-heat treatments and adapting the massage to suit the clients’ specific needs.
- Massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils – to include choosing the correct pre-blended aromatherapy oil to suit the clients’ specific treatment needs and skin type and adapting the massage to suit the client’s treatment needs.
- Body Electrotherapy treatments – to include carrying out relevant tests, selecting, using and adapting products and equipment to suit the clients’ treatment needs and body types and conditions such as Electro Muscle Stimulator, Galvanism, Microcurrent, Vacuum Suction and Mechanical Massage (G5).
- Facial Electrotherapy treatments – to include carrying out relevant tests, selecting, using and adapting products and equipment to suit the clients’ treatment needs and skin types and conditions such as Electro Muscle Stimulator, Galvanism, Microcurrent, Vacuum Suction and High Frequency.
The Learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the Beauty Industry. The Learner will also learn Stone Therapy Massage, Indian Head Massage, and Microdermabrasion.
Career opportunities exist in a variety of contexts as a beauty therapist, including:
- Working in commercial beauty salons
- Working in a retail concession in a department store
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
If you wish to work as a mobile therapist or offer occasional treatments from home, you will be sufficiently qualified with The VTCT Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments. Holders of this qualification are eligible to gain the professional membership and insurance cover recommended for entry to employment as a beauty therapist.
This qualification is based on the beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional association, the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) as being fit for purpose for preparing you for a career as a junior beauty therapist. Holders of this qualification are eligible to become a professional member of BABTAC.
The course is £3,345 each. All students will be required to purchase a uniform and kit, the kit equalling £64.25.
For all Level 3 qualifications, we accept the Advanced Learner Loan. If you are aged over 19, and you are unemployed, haven’t received a full Level 3 qualification before and are in receipt of benefits and looking to return to work then you may be able to get part of the course government funded. These spaces are limited and will be confirmed at interview.