We are The London Beauty Training Academy Limited and we work with Beauty salons and cosmetic companies across London and Hertfordshire.
Our training programmes often lead to a job outcome as the salons we work with have vacancies for suitably qualified staff and as a result we are looking for exceptional individuals, who have a passion for wanting to become a Makeup Artist.
To become a fully qualified Make-up Artist, you’ll usually need to complete a level 3 qualification in make-up artistry.
- a friendly and welcoming manner
- the ability to make clients feel relaxed
- the ability to explain procedures clearly to clients
- tact and diplomacy
- the ability to sell products and earn commission
- business awareness if you’re self-employed
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- researching and designing make-up and hairstyles
- working to production designers’ notes and instructions
- tidying and styling hair
- using special effects make-up
- taking notes and photos for reference
- being on set to redo make-up and hair
- removing make-up and keeping wigs and hairpieces in good condition
You’ll work closely with production designers, costume designers, camera and lighting crew, and performers.
SALARY (ONCE QUALIFIED)
Typically starting at: £15,000 – £20,000+
These figures are a guide and may differ from employer to employer.
You can also work on a freelance basis and be paid a fee for each contract.
Rates will depend on the type of production you’re working on and what you can negotiate.
WORKING HOURS, PATTERNS AND ENVIRONMENT
Long and irregular hours are common. You may start in the early morning before filming begins, or work in the evenings for live TV, theatre or concerts.
You’ll work in TV or film studios, theatres, or in temporary buildings and vehicles on location.
You may need to travel and stay away from home regularly, sometimes for long periods.
You’ll need to build up your own make-up kit and take it to each job.
CAREER PATH AND PROGRESSION
With experience or specialist skills, you could progress to head make-up artist or make-up designer.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail then please contact our student liaison team at the LBTA on 0208 953 9344 or visit our website at www.lbta.co.uk to learn more.
Alice has a keen interest in beauty courses and enjoys educating people on the great courses at LBTA.