Beauty Therapist Hatfield
We are The London Beauty Training Academy Limited and we work with Beauty salons across London and Hertfordshire.
Our training programmes often lead to a job outcome as the salons we work with have vacancies for suitably qualified staff and as a result, we are looking for exceptional individuals, who have a passion for wanting to become a Beauty Therapist.
To become a fully qualified beauty therapist, you’ll usually need to complete a level 2 or level 3 qualification in beauty therapy.
- a friendly and welcoming manner
- the ability to make clients feel relaxed
- the ability to explain procedures clearly to clients
- tact and diplomacy
- the ability to sell products and earn commission
- business awareness if you’re self-employed
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll provide a range of face and body treatments. Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- giving a facial by cleansing, massaging and toning a client’s skin
- giving a makeover by applying and advising on make-up
- shaping eyebrows and colouring eyelashes
- giving a manicure, pedicure or other nail treatment like extensions and nail art
- removing unwanted facial and body hair
- giving electrotherapy treatments to improve body tone and shape
- giving non-surgical skin improvement treatments
- offering UV (ultraviolet) and spray tanning
You may offer other treatments like massage, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and reflexology.
As well as carrying out treatments, you may also:
- answer the telephone and greet clients
- book appointments
- check and order supplies
- keep notes of clients’ medical histories and treatment programmes
- refer clients to a doctor if needed
SALARY (ONCE QUALIFIED)
Typically starting at: £15,000 – £20,000+
These figures are a guide and may differ from employer to employer.
WORKING HOURS, PATTERNS AND ENVIRONMENT
You’ll usually work from 9am to 5pm, including Saturdays. Some salons offer evening appointments.
You could work in a high street salon or beauty clinic, health spa, hotel, or on a cruise ship. You could also be self-employed, working from home or visiting clients in their own homes.
You may spend a lot of your time standing.
CAREER PATH AND PROGRESSION
With experience, you could progress to salon manager.
You could become self-employed and get your own salon, work from home or travel to clients.
You could also move into fashion, theatre or media make-up.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail then please contact our student liaison team at the LBTA on 0208 953 9344 or visit our website at www.lbta.co.uk to learn more.
Jack has a keen interest in beauty courses and enjoys educating people on the great courses at LBTA.